Trust Tairāwhiti would like to meet with you konohi-ki-te-konohi for a facilitated consultation meeting to assist us in the development of our Destination Management Plan for Tairāwhiti.
What is a Destination Management Plan (DMP)?
The DMP will provide a forward-looking blueprint for delivery of tourism in Tairāwhiti that will guide further development of a vibrant and viable visitor economy to underpin a successful and sustainable visitor destination. It will guide decision-making and operational visitor economy actions and decisions for Trust Tairāwhiti over the next 5-10 years.
The DMP will deliver:
- An understanding of the current situation for tourism in Tairāwhiti.
- A vision and strategic approach to achieve a thriving destination that delivers local benefits.
- A guide to creating a distinctive and compelling regional visitor offering.
- Review of existing and new visitor markets to target.
- Identification of priority tourism-related projects; and opportunities and gaps in the region’s visitor-related transport, infrastructure, and services.
- Enabling actions and implement a guide to deliver the projects and associated strategy.
- Monitoring and measurements that align with Iwi, community, regional, national, and international sustainability goals.
This DMP will be used as a road map for Trust Tairāwhiti to visitor sector success for the region, that provides Environmental, Social, Cultural and Economic benefits into our community.
What will the facilitated consultation meeting consist of?
This meeting will be an opportunity to provide information into how you would like to see Tairāwhiti grow and develop as a visitor destination.
This meeting will include:
- What is a DMP and what are we trying to achieve with this work?
- What aspirations do you have for the future of Tairāwhiti?
- Are there any opportunities that you might see in the future?
- What barriers or limitations do you see for the district, in achieving those aspirations or in being a destination for you long term?
- Is Tairāwhiti a strong destination to live and to visit? What does the district offer that resonates with you, what do you enjoy about showcasing the region to visiting friends and whānau?
Have your say via Social PinPoint
This is an online engagement platform has been set up to give you the opportunity to share your ideas and shape the Tairāwhiti Destination Management Plan.
There are six main themes we would like your ideas on. Each icon is a question, please click on the icon to see the question and leave your idea/comment.
When you leave a comment, it will appear on the ideas wall in the same colour as the icon it relates to. Only your comment is visible to others and your details remain anonymous (only the administrator can see your information). If you see a comment that you agree or disagree with, you can express this by clicking on the like or dislike button on that comment. You can also make further comments on someone else's idea by joining or viewing the discussion on that particular idea.
Please be kind and constructive.
To leave a general comment or to capture an idea that does not fit into one of the seven themes, please click on the 'other comment' or 'idea icon' in the grey sidebar area.
When you have finished you can simply close the webpage.
Please have your say here.
If you have any queries about the above, do not hesitate to contact us.